YODER BILINGUAL ACADEMY ( www.yoderedu.org ), a fast-growing private “grade” school in Zhongli District, Taoyuan City, is looking for NATIVE ENGLISH-SPEAKING TEACHER(S) for 2015-2016 school year. This is a full-time 8am~5pm position.
Established since 2010, Yoder Bilingual Academy (YBA) is a Chinese-English bilingual, private “grade” school (not a cram school) with both elementary (grade 1 to 6) and middle school (grade 7 to 9) divisions. Located in the heart of newly established Taoyuan City, the school is approximately 1 km from Neili Station, 4 km north of Zhongli Station, 6km south of Taoyuan Station and 20 minutes drive to/from Taoyuan International Airport (TPE). Meanwhile, Taipei, the capital city of Taiwan, is only 45 minutes away by the train or car.
Currently with eleven faculty members from the US, Canada, UK, South Africa and Ireland, YBA’s English Department is considered the most well established in the region. Members of our English Department enjoy having an office and an a dedicated secretary.
Our curriculum consists of classes instructed in both Chinese and English. The subject areas provided in English include Language Arts, Math and Science. YBA follows the US curriculum and uses American teaching materials. The school provides all the necessary resources, such as the textbook, teacher’s guide and etc. Additionally, our middle school students enjoy “English Elective Courses” designed and proposed by members of our English Department.
– Be a licensed teacher in English speaking countries.
– Bachelor’s degree from a regional accredited college/university.
– 1+ year working with students as a classroom teacher, teacher intern, or teaching assistant.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
– Support the mission, vision, and core values of the school.
– Establish a culture of high expectations that includes the shared belief that every student will attend college.
– Develop and implement lesson plans and classroom activities aligned with the Common Core State Standard and the school’s instructional guidelines.
– Assess students regularly and analyze student results; refine and differentiate classroom instruction based on assessment data and student needs.
– Collaborate with colleagues to improve instructional practices throughout the school; share best practices.
– Communicate regularly with students and their families about classroom activities and student progress.
– Involve parents and guardians as partners in their students’ education.
– Manage student behavior to ensure every student is fully engaged.
– Actively participate in professional development activities, and work closely with lead teachers, principal, and instructional coaches.
– Maintain accurate student records
– Identify unique student needs and collaborate with team members to effectively address those needs.
– Perform other related duties as required and assigned.
This position is for teaching non-native English speaking students in Taiwan.
Required knowledge, skills & abilities:
Knowledge of child cognitive development and various learning styles
- Knowledge of subject matter, including California State Standards and subject-specific frameworks
- Knowledge of assessments
- Ability and willingness to reflect and improve instructional practices
- Ability to adapt to a new culture.
- Ability to collaborate with colleagues and parents
Qualified applicants will be asked to sign an annual contract.
Please email the cover letter, resume and/or a copy of the Teaching Credential to: [email protected]
Please note that candidates will only be contacted if selected for an interview.